Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Operation Bridesmaid Day 1: Success!

Well today was great, and my bum is tired!
I stuck to my eating plan, Vince and I played tennis for an hour plus we walked (really fast I might add) for 3 and a little miles. Tennis was good! I was catching my breath a bit, but I kept up, and I was actually better than I thought I would be. A good 4 out of 5 shots went basically where I wanted them to go, and that seems like a plus. Tennis is the one sport that Vince was not born being good at* (even though he is still pretty dang good), so we were learning together. About half way through I asked if he was tired. His response? "Of course not- what... you mean you are tired???" (As if that is a big shock!) I mean I had been chasing balls all around the court! After a few words about needing encouragement, he was a sweet-heart again.
We came back and had dinner, and then we went out again to walk walk walk! Actually I have been walking a lot as is, and I was planning on 4.5 miles tonight, but we got out a bit late and that seemed crazy with it being late and all. Tomorrow though... 4.5 miles! And I am thinking about my salsa cardio dvd. We will just have to see!

There is a cool website called My Pyramid that is really helpful to know about good nutrition that a nutritionist suggested when I was in college. They have a personalized (and FREE) program that tracks everything you eat, and all the exercise you do, and it is pretty sweet. I started my account again today, and I am a fan. You can check it out too if you want- it's My Pyramid Tracker- you have to set up an account, but again its free!! My favorite!
All in all a great day! I am going to sleep well tonight!
(And please don't worry, this is not going to become a diet blog... I am just excited for day 1 success!)

*Disclaimer: my husband is fantastic at pretty much any sport he plays. People ask him to play on teams all the time, and he is just that good that he can- and do a great job at it! Currently he plays on 2 softball teams, just finished up flag-football season, and he is about to kick off the basketball league with a new team. Yep, he's that good!

0 comments: